- I saw the bolt of lightning coming, but I didn't jump out of the way quickly enough.
- I was cooking a pot of delicious fudge, and when I leaned over the stove to check it, a boiling blob of molten chocolate struck me in the face.
- The Aretha/Aaron rendition of the National Anthem was so horrifying that I stumbled blindly from the room and ran into the door.
- It was time to feed my pet piranhas, but one of them was too hungry to wait.
- I've just started the long process of following in Michael Jackson's glorious footsteps.
I have fair skin, and my nose has been sunburned plenty of times. Now, like my father and my grandmother before me, I developed what is probably a precancerous spot, or possibly even a basal cell carcinoma. An extremely nice dermatologist took a biopsy by literally punching a tiny hole near the tip of my nose, and now I have two stitches. Depending on the biopsy result, I'll have to get one of various procedures that will almost surely leave a scar right in the middle of the most prominent part of my face. Why oh why didn't I listen to my mother and wear sunscreen?